The Center of Excellence in Photonics researches and develops innovative solutions with light for important future fields and promotes their implementation and application in science, industry and society. To this end, the center combines application-oriented research and innovative development with scientifically excellent basic research on the control of light - from generation and manipulation to application.
Following this goal, the Photonics Performance Center focuses on the core topics:
- Fiber lasers and laser applications
- Free-form, micro- and nano-optics for next-generation projection and imaging systems
- Highly dynamic optical sensor technology
- Optical instrumentation from XUV-MIR in the fields of environment and biology
- Optical quantum technologies